DPV Health is the lead agency for the second phase of a Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) funded project that will improve referral processes between health services and General Practitioners (GPs) in the Northern region.
Electronic referrals (eReferrals) are recognised as the foundation to improving care across healthcare settings by providing a platform for efficient transmission of referral information. GPs and Practices from the Cities of Hume and Whittlesea currently using compatible versions of Best Practice and Medical Director are able to send secure eReferrals to DPV Health and Northern Health using the eReferral SmartForms solution by HealthLink.
- require few steps to generate and send an eReferral to DPV Health and Northern Health services
- automatically writes a copy of the sent referral back into the patient record in the GP’s Clinical Software
- acknowledge sent eReferrals.
Where is the project up to?
- GPs in the Cities of Hume and Whittlesea have successfully sent over 450 eReferrals to DPV Health and Northern Health.
- Collecting Implementation Surveys from GPs to measure the improvements eReferrals have made to workflows within the Practice.
- The Eastern Melbourne Primary Health Network and the North Western Melbourne Primary Health Network will continue to support Practices.