Are you a carer in need of rest or respite? Are you an elder person who would like to meet new people, go on outings, or participate in group activities? DPV Health can help you. Our Social Support Programs assist people and their carers to maintain and enhance their wellbeing, prevent social isolation and maintain independence within their community.
The programs, funded through the Commonwealth Home Support Scheme, provide carers with valuable respite, while DPV Health provides a door-to-door service, transporting clients to and from group outings and centre-based activities. The program offers weekly outings and activities to individuals and groups.
The programs include the following activities:
- Day outings
We transport our clients to and from home, to designated activities including morning tea gatherings, participation in group music and dancing, and skills-and-craft making workshops.
- Overnight stay
This is a monthly getaway to destinations like Gippsland, Ballarat, Daylesford, Mount Macedon, Bendigo and other interesting attractions.
- Centre-based groups
In groups based at DPV Health centres, our clients participate in a wide variety of activities that are both practical and enjoyable, including community outings, our popular Morning Melodies, chair-based exercises, mosaics, living skills support, art and craft, gardening, Keeping Your Mind Healthy, and some activity ideas suggested by our clients. All activities are designed to foster personal growth and enhance wellbeing.
All activities are specialised to meet the particular needs of each individual, and all of our Social Support Programs are led by qualified and caring support staff.
At DPV Health, we share a vision of health, wellbeing and quality of life in a community which is empowered, has opportunities, is caring and works together.
Eligibility to access this service applies to:
- People who are over 65 years of age
- A person 50 years or older who identifies as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- A person 50 years or older on a low income, homeless or at risk of homelessness
- People from a Culturally and Linguistically Diverse background
- People who are frail or aged
- People with a disability
- People with memory loss
- People who are socially isolated
- People who live in the Hume and Whittlesea Local Government areas
Fees apply. When you make an enquiry about these services, you can discuss the fee per service. Extra costs may be incurred if you are visiting places with entrance fees.
- For a referral to these services, please contact MY AGED CARE on 1800 200 422 and ask to be referred to the DPV Health Social Support Groups
- To speak about Flexible Respite opportunities through the Commonwealth Health Support Program, please call 8301 6704 or 1300 234 263
- To speak with the Social Support Program (Farm Vigano), please call 9407 6118
Interpreters are available, if required.