The DPV Health team aims to strengthen your ability to identify what you like, take control, make choices and manage the supports you receive.
We know this can be overwhelming for you, your family or the people who support you, so we are here to help you. Our team has many years of experience in assisting people and their families to manage their individual support packages, short-term funding packages and flexible support packages. We can manage your one-on-one and coordinating supports, strengthen and enhance capacity, provide assistance resolve problems or issues that arise with supports and support you to manage your packages.
Our Support Coordinator will work with people who require more intensive support and assistance to implement their NDIS plan.
We aim to build your capacity to coordinate and implement your support services, as outlined in your NDIS Plan, as follows:
- Time-limited assistance to strengthen your ability to coordiante supports and participate in the community
Coordination of Supports
- Assistance to strengthen your ability to coordinate supports and participate in the community for people with complex needs
Specialist Support Coordination
- Assistance to strengthen your ability to coordinate supports and participate in the community for people with complex needs and a high-risk situation
Our team of experienced professionals will focus on the important areas of need in your daily life. You choose what you want to learn and how you want to learn it. Our role is to connect you with your community and alternative support options, to help you better coordinate multiple supports and services, to build the capacity of your information support network. We are also able to support you to use the NDIS Participant Portal (myplace).
We support you to implement all supports in an indvidualised way, and within your NDIS plan budget. This can include supporting you to:
- Assess a number of mainstream, community, informal and provider support options
- Choose the best options and provider for your needs
- Negotiate the services to be provided and their prices, develop service agreements and create service bookings with your preferred providers
- Negotiate your chosen services and their prices
- Arrange any required assessments to determine the type of funding needed
- Decide the budget for each support type and advise any relevant plan manager of the breakdown of funds
- Liaise with any plan manger to establish the appropriate claim categories, and attribute the correct amount of funds
- Link to mainstream or community services; housing, education, transport, health
- Strengthen and enhance your capacity to coordinate your supports, self-direct and manage your supports, and participate in the community, including provide you with assistance to resolve any problems or issues that arise, understand your responsibilities under service agreements, and to change or end a service agreement
You control how, when and where your services are delivered. We will work with you to understand what you need to live a full, meaningful, happy and confident life. We will support you to:
Assistance to access community, social and recreational activities
- Be involved in your local community by participating in local groups or events
- Explore recreational, creative and sporting preferences
- Maintain or develop new skills
- Link to employment or educational opportunities
- Plan holidays or important social events
Increased social and community participation
- Develop and build skills (individually or in small groups)
- Benefit from mentoring and peer support to develop capability for community participation
Assistance with daily life in the community, education and at work
- Increase your community access (delivered in a variety of settings to assist you to participate in daily life)
- Utilise our support to link to employment or educational opportunities
Our service is available to people who have a current NDIS Plan with:
- Support Connection
- Coordination of Supports
- Specialist Support Coordination
Fees apply. The National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) sets price controls for some supports included in client plans.